FormulaShare is a Salesforce app, available on the AppExchange and offered in free and subscription versions.
Created to address limitations with native Salesforce sharing, FormulaShare allows formula fields, text fields and lookups to define who Salesforce records should be shared with. FormulaShare can substantially reduce the number of sharing rules and sharing automation in an org, and cater to use cases not possible with out-of-the-box features.
- Records are shared to entities specified in a formula, lookup or text field on the record itself
- This field can be on the record itself, or on a related record associated through a series of lookups
- Sharing to users, roles and public groups is supported in all versions, with Enterprise and Unlimited also supporting manager groups and members of a user's default account or opportunity team
- Sharing changes are assessed in real time as shared records are created and modified
- Several batch calculation options are available to cater to orgs of all sizes and data volumes
- Rules are custom metadata, so can be managed by admins and packaged for deployment
- Standard and custom objects are supported, and both Classic and Lightning can be used
The app has passed the rigorous Salesforce security review. The app is offered under an open-core model, with the core sharing assessment engine publicly available on Github for users to review. Contributions to the public repo are welcome - get in touch or send us a pull request!